Have you ever noticed how some people just seem luckier than others? Whether it’s finding a job, passing a brutal test, or even winning a big game – we could all use a little more luck now and then. Some of us could use a lot more!
However is “good luck” or “good fortune” a real thing or just a pipe dream? According to Marc Myers, author of 7 Secrets of Good Fortune, he believes that good-luck comes to those willing to put themselves in a position to be lucky. More specifically Myers thinks that there are 7 things you can do today if you want to enjoy more good fortune tomorrow.
- Assume fate is on your side. – If you have worked hard and done the “right’ things there is no reason to believe otherwise.
- Get an emotional grip. – Don’t become too emotional over the little things.
- Keep your mind open to opportunity. – It’s unbelievable how many more opportunities will come your way when you keep your eyes, ears and mind open.
- Think of the world as yours. – You can do anything you want to do if you’re willing to make the appropriate sacrifices.
- Keep envy in check. – Don’t be envy or jealous. Instead look at people who are doing what you want to do or who have want you want as motivation. If they can do it, so can you.
- Think like a “connector.” – One plus one always equals two. Who do you know who might be willing to help you?
- Find an upside to everything. – The glass is always half full. Every disappointment or mistake you make serves as a platform for direction.