Here are the 17 essential qualities possessed by every team player according to author and leadership expert (and former high school basketball star) John Maxwell:
1. Adaptable: If you won’t change for the team, the Team may change you.
2. Collaborative: Working together precedes winning together.
3. Committed: There are no halfhearted champions.
4. Communicative: A TEAM is a single heart with many voices.
5. Competent: If you can’t, your team won’t.
6. Dependable: Teams go to go-to players.
7. Disciplined: Where there’s a will, there’s a win.
8. Enlarging: Adding value to teammates is invaluable.
9. Enthusiastic: Your heart is the source of energy for the team.
10. Intentional: Make every action count
11. Mission conscious: The (big) picture is coming in loud and clear.
12. Prepared: Preparation can be the difference between winning and losing.
13. Relational: If you get along, others will go along.
14. Self-improving: To improve the team, improve yourself.
15. Selfless: There is no I an team.
16. Solution-oriented: Make a resolution to find the solution.
17. Tenacious: Never, never, never quit.