How would you classify yourself as a shooter? Great? Average? Poor? I have found that many more shooters overestimate their own shooting ability than underestimate it.
Paul Hoover, founder of The Pro Shot Shooting System, claims there is a very simple, yet accurate test to determiine just how well a player shoots the ball. While the player is rested, Hoover has him shoot two three pointers from five diffferent spots around the three point arc for a total of 10 shots. Hoover’s work with both high school and college level shooters has convinced him that:
- Great shooters will make at least 8 out of 10.
- Good shooters will make 7 out of 10.
- Average shooters will make 6 out of 10.
- Below average shooters will make either 4 or 5 out of 10.
- Poor shooters will make between 0 and 3 out of 10.
Does that change your opinion about your shooting skills? If so, what are you going to do about it?